lunes, 21 de noviembre de 2011

Almería y El Campo

slacklining in the park!
    It feels like a while since I have blogged! Maybe it´s because I have been having to much fun to sit down and write about it.... Two weekends ago I took a train ride through the desert to Almería for Keely´s 26th birthday! We all traveled from all over Andalucia to make it. Kate, Jessica, Keely and I raged Almería for the weekend, all we were missing was Kerry! It was so nice to be with the girls. To use all American slang, to talk so fast, even talk over eachother, and still be able to understand everything that is going on around me. I think this is something easy to take for granted. I also was happy to see the ocean. I have to travel a ways to get to an ocean, and I don´t think I can ever take for granted how pretty a sunset over the ocean is. I guess I am becoming accustomed to the sun setting over my sea of olive fields that surround Linares!
Jess, Me, Keely and Kate in a castle, no biggie
beach picnic
 









the house we rented in the countryside
 This past weekend I went out to the country and rented this amazing old spanish house in the mountains.         
   There was a pool and a tennis/soccer court. I went with 13 other people and we stayed for two days. Barbequing steaks, playing sockker, Reggie and I set up the slackline, etc. It was so much fun. On Sunday it was raining outside so we ended up all sitting around near the fire drinking, playing dice, and talking shit! It was nice to be surrounded by such beautiful mountains, and it felt so much like a Spanish movie or something. We ended up not being able to hike just becuase the hiking trails were all way too muddy from the rain, but this group is far from boring, so we just made our own fun inside! I wasn´t ready to leave when it was time to last night, but I think we are going to try to rent this same house again in a few weeks. It was such a good weekend away.
  So this weekend coming up is Thanksgiving! People actually know what that is here.... surprising :) I am going to Cabra (which means goat) to spend it with the ladies I met in Sevilla. I am sad because Reggie has decided to stay in Linares and spend it with the friends he has made here.. I just know I will have more fun if I go, and I know he will have more fun if he stays here with the friends we have made in Linares. It´ll be kind of sad, but we are spending Christmas together in Paris, so I´m not that bent out about it!

 Sending Happy Thanksgiving Wishes!





     Gobble Gobble...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario