miércoles, 5 de octubre de 2011

moving in


   First day in my new piso! I can’t believe how lucky I was to find it. All the apartments here are SO granny, with pictures of the crying Virgen or Jesus on a Cross. This apartment has been all redone and I have my own balcony! Reggie was such a big help. We brought my bags over together and he helped me move into my space…. And then he said good bye… and left me.. all alone… with my Spanish roommates… to speak Spanish! I was so scared. I was more nervous for this moment than I was walking into school on the first day. Why? I don’t know, maybe because these girls are actually my age and I was just being so weird. So I stayed up and talked with my two new roommates Maria del Mar (Mary of the Sea) and Fanny. They are so nice. When I told them I was fried and I needed to sleep they kept me talking. They somehow managed to bring the conversation into the family room and feed me pizza even though I told them I wasn’t hungry. I was hungry, but my nerves were on overload and I thought that I couldn’t hang. That was two and a half hours ago, and I am now finally getting ready for bed. I feel so blessed to meet these two ladies. They have both lived with Germans and Italians before, so they are used to speaking slow and helping me feel included. I don’t even know how to shout out my gratefulness. They would be so scared of me if I did that. Already I understand more. I know some days and for big moments during other days we won’t understand anything that’s going on. But at this moment I feel on top of the world. I am thankful Reg and I want to live independently and together. I am thankful for this great apartment with these beautiful roommates. And I am so thankful I still have 9 months to get better at Spanish!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario