domingo, 9 de octubre de 2011

life in Linares


  The weeks here are great, my life is now full of so much activity. But my WEEKENDS are even better! Reggie and I went climbing again yesterday. Back to the same place we went last weekend, climbing under the castle walls. We explored this area fully and are now curious to see what else this region has to offer before the weather turns coooolllddd. I can already feel the coldness creeping in in the morning and once the sun goes down. Sundays are something to get used to. Everything is closed, all stores and restaurants. What the heck is one supposed to do on days like this? I am enjoying the late, late, late wake up, the long breakfast, the afternoon walks and preparing a great big lunch around 5. Watching movies in Spanish in the house after lunch and playing cards. I don’t know if this town would bore me to death if I didn’t have Reggie, but so far I am so happy here. I want to make a point to go out with friends the way I would in the states. But, because this town is small and kind of sleepy, many of our new friends like to ‘bottelon’ in the park. Buy bottles of wine and beers and drink in the park and talk. Moments like this make me miss the Hostel Sopris, where we had great dance parties and could be as loud as we wanted. I have not yet joined the gang to ‘botellon’ in the park, who knows if I ever will.
   I think my roommates leave on the weekend. I know I wasn’t at the apartment a bunch this weekend. But I haven’t seen then or seen life in that place since Friday morning. I guess they must either stay with their boyfriends or go back to their towns outside of Linares.  They might have told me they were leaving…. It might have been one of the moments I smiled and nodded because I still only understand half of what is going on around me….

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario