martes, 18 de octubre de 2011

hiking, feria, beach season :)

Reg and I hiking on Dia de España
    I am now into my third week of teaching. I love my school! I still don´t understand... I figured by now my spanish would be killing it.  No... but today I DID understand something a teacher told me. He told me he loves to see me at school because I am always smiling and so happy. Hell yes! I got something going for me... but still not speaking the language. with time.. with time...
   I am in the process of recieving my work card so I can pay taxes, wahoo! Reggie and I met up with other people in our program at the foreigners office. Wow, people were telling some horror stories. Complaining about every little thing. When we left the office to get our cards I just hugged Reggie and said thank you. We have just been trying to stay so positive the whole time, and I think it has really paid off. Our town isn´t the coolest town ever, but now it´s starting to feel like home.   
sunset from my balcony
 Reggie and I met up with two of our friends this weekend in Malaga. Malaga is sweet! The beach is beautiful. It took us 4 hours to get there, yikes, but it was so nice to get out of the sea of olive trees and to spend some time looking at the Mediterranean. No big deal, spending some time in the Med as we like to say here...
starting young
would you want to put your mail in here?
  Malaga is extremely touristy. Every shop is a postcard store, trinkets store, or something along these lines. You never know if you are paying what you should for something. This is another reason why I am happy in Linares. It´s so nice to not worry if I´m paying tourist prices or regular prices. Also if I meet someone in my town, I know I will probably see them again. But the people I did meet in Malaga were from other places, studying and traveling( just like me).
I am starting to be given real work for my classes. It feels good to know I am contributing to my classes now. I am trying much harder to stick around my roommates this week and practice my Spanish. All is so good here... the sun is still super hot, so we have some time before the winter comes. I will make the most of these climbing months while I still can!

Reg and I teaching some kids in the park to slackline!
Our new friends Marion and Steph on a hike in Cazorla




  

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario